Brand: East top
Color: key of G
- Paddy-Richter is one of my many original tunings for harmonica, and has become very popular around the world since I first recorded with it on my 1994 album New Irish Harmonica
- It's great for fast melody playing, especially for Irish and other fiddle tunes, but also good for pop and blues playing.
- Now it's available in an extended range version too! Strictly speaking, it should be called 'Double Paddy-Richter' on the Lucky 13. That's because the normal Paddy Richter low octave scale (with 3 blow tuned up a tone) is repeated an octave lower. This makes the Lucky 13 version great for chords and octaves!
- As with my 10-hole Paddy-Richter harps, the Lucky 13 version is half-valved. Half valving is another invention of mine, an innovation that gives you a lot more soul and volume on the notes you can't normally bend (lower blow notes, upper draws), whilst retaining all the normal bending reeds. If you already like Paddy-Richter, you'll love the Lucky 13 extended version!
- WATCH THE VIDEO to get a good flavour of how this Lucky 13 sounds!
Package Dimensions: 5.6 x 2.0 x 1.5 inches